Slowing down but feeling the love!

Life isn't really slowing down, but the number of blog posts is.  Relatively speaking, I'm still off the charts.  I blogged a whopping 13 times last year.  This is my 20th post in February and we are only 27 days in.  January though had 37 posts.  It's all a matter of perspective.  The blog is slowing down because things aren't changing as rapidly as they were before.  There aren't as many changes in the day to day that I want to be sure to remember in the years to come.


What does change in the day to day is the emotional state of our home.  I'm sure that PMS could play a part in it.  There is just a wee bit of estrogen that flows in and out of this house. 


I did want to share an excerpt from an email I sent to my Relief Society president today.

"I often refer to life as a rollercoaster. Last week I begged the Lord to let me off the ride. I just couldn’t take it any longer. Don’t you know it, he was able to calm the coaster for a bit. I’m not off the ride, but I’m handling it better. . . I know that the Lord has His hand in all things. Sometimes it’s hard to see, but easier to feel. This experience has definitely been more of feeling the Lord’s hands. I pray that as I look back on this experience I’ll be able to see His hand as well."

When we were talking to my in-laws today, they said that we may never know in this life why we face the trials that we do.  That may be true, but I do hope to see a glimpse of the reasons sooner, rather than later.


Over and over again people tell me that I am a strong or amazing woman.  That really isn't true.  I gain all my strength through Christ.  What is truly amazing is Marty's drive and determination.  Marty can do hard things.  Marty has done amazing things.  I know that his strong also comes from the Lord.  What also is amazing is the continued love and support we are getting from our friends.  I had someone tell me Sunday they read my blog every day.  I can honestly say I have NEVER read some one's blog every day.  After nearly 60 days we haven't been forgotten.  We are surrounded by love and support.  I am most grateful that the Lord has blessed me with an AWESOME support system.

0 comments: