Over the last 48 hours I have learned to never underestimate the power of the priesthood. I have a mighty priesthood holder in my home that has more faith that I can ever hope to have. He has come to help me see that things are not always as they seem.
Marty had not slept Thursday night and took time to research the diagnosis given him that afternoon. He also took time studying miracles of healings. One doctor can’t find damage 3 weeks later, and instead of it being a miracle, it’s a conversion disorder. On Friday, Marty became very mad. The anger was building and building. He finally burst. He wrote a 3 page letter to me. Here is what Marty wrote (I added links for easy reference):
So in case you didn’t get what I was trying to explain to you. I think you and the dub ass doctor are wrong!
Doctor Conover said I had a stroke. The doctor I did the testing for in from of the TV said I had a stroke and I don’t believe that would do this to myself. So I am going to believe I had a stroke.
Two very faithful worthy high priest laid their hand on me and gave me a blessing.
Jean & Joe and the Mormon Tabernacle choir and lot of other friends fasted and prayed for me. My name was on the prayer rolls at the temple. I was healed! That is why they can’t find any trace of my stroke. Now I just need to relearn stuff and I will be good. I am sorry that you don’t have the faith that the rest of us do, but I had a stroke and was halted.
I will put my trust in the Lord and rely not on the arm of flesh!
I will still take my meds because I am stressed out and mad. But that did not cause my brain to break!
My brain broke first then I got stressed and mad.
How quickly I have allowed the philosophies of man to numb me to the miracles that are everywhere. I allowed a learned man to tell me something that was different than what the spirit had already told me. How could I believe this was anything but a stroke? All signs, symptoms and initial tests confirmed that Marty had a stroke. Why did I not believe? Why did I allow my heart to become hardened? I have gone back through my blog posts and in my own words found:
January 3, “Overall today has been a day of miracles.”
On January 16 I wrote an entire blog post about miracles,” Everyday I witness miracles. Today was no different. Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles needs to come spend a day with Marty... If you don't believe in miracles, now is a great time to believe. God is GREAT! God performs miracles every day. I am able to witness this each day as Marty's thinking becomes clearer, his writing becomes better, and his will to learn more grows. Thank you everyone for your continuing prayers and faith on our behalf.”
January 18,” I am seeing daily miracles”
January 19: “The lord is definitely giving me strength to witness the mighty miracles he brings forth.”
Some of our friends that have bore testimony of the miracles:
Meg: “Many more blessings and miracles to come.”
Krista: “When Greg got his calling, the stake pres. told him he will see miracles in our ward. I think Marty is one of those!”
Jean: “Each time I read your blog my heart is filled with the spirit and the knowledge that Heavenly Father is performing miracles right before our eyes.”
Vicki: “This miracle shows what can happen when we just put our trust in the Lord.”
Jean: “I believe in miracles and will continue to pray for just that!!!”
I do not have an answer to why my heart hardened and why I ceased to see the Lord’s hand in our life. However, I do know I must do a much better job of remembering the miracles in my life. Via this blog, I have taken a journey that has been healing, frustrating, uplifting, encouraging, binding and probably most important humbling.
I apologize to everyone that has tirelessly fasted and prayed for the healing of Marty that I did not recognize your faith this week. I am so sorry that I discounted the Lord’s hand in all that has gone on. I am sincerely thankful to everyone that has shown the great faith that has lead to Marty’s rapid recovery from his stroke.
I hope to be more like Marty. “I am not crazy, I have faith. I was healed”
2 comments:
Marty is a man of faith - I intend to search all the references he researched. You, DeAnne' are a woman of faith - hang on and trust in the Lord. Marty needs you and you need him. I love you both so much.
Please don't apologize for your actions. NEVER apologize for all you have given for him and to him. You have done absolutely NOTHING to apologize for. I cannot say I am in a place to give advice or comfort. What I can say is that you have shown no lack of faith or love or humility through any of this. The Lord knows you. The Lord loves you.
Post a Comment