Surviving Girls Camp

This past week was girls camp for Addyson and Jessica. This was Jessica's first year. In the past year, she has really morphed into a girl. The thought of camping for a week in a tent without running water wasn't any fun. Addyson kept trying to convince her that she would enjoy camp. Jessica wasn't buying it. In preparation for camp, the leaders dubbed her "Chief grumbler". The weather forecast was rain all week. As a mom, I prayed for sunshine all week, so that Jessica would have one fewer thing to grumble about. A member of the bishopric called and asked if I thought Jessica would be willing to speak in sacrament meeting about her camp experience. I warned him that he may get more than he bargained for if she did that.

To my pleasant surprise, she came home from camp with much enthusiasm. She had a great time. The leaders even relinquished the grumbler title from her. She discovered that she can sleep on the ground, in a tent, with bugs, and still have a good time. PHEW!

2 comments:

Heather said...

OH I remember the days of girls camp...I never lasted the full week! Good job Jess and Addy for lasting longer than I did! Hope you had fun!
Excited to see your blogs- it will be fun to keep up on them! Miss you guys!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I was terrified to go to camp- but after the first year I ended up going for 9 years! The spirit so so strong there and it's pretty darn fun! I'm glad Jessica found out it's not so bad!