Lightning bug

Saturday night our family split up into different directions.  Jessica & Rylee went with their uncle, nana and papa to the movie.  Addyson, Marty, granny and grandad all went out to Andy's for frozen custard.  It was an enjoyable evening by all.


As we were coming back in the house, Marty froze and said "what's that?"  "What's what?"  "All those lights"  "What lights?"  "little flashes of lights".  "Oh, lightening bugs"


If you have never seen lightening bugs, they are very cool. I wish I could have taken a pictures because there were hundreds. Marty wanted to know why they do that.  He tried to catch some, but we couldn't get them.






If we had, they'd looked like this.







So, what causes ligtning bugs to light up?  I don't really understand, but I'm thankful that Heavenly Father puts such beautiful, unique creatures on earth for our pleasure and enjoyment.

0 comments: